Free Cruise Call Class Action
- Obtain more information about the Free Cruise Class action lawsuit which is entitled Birchmeier, et al. v. Caribbean Cruise Line Inc., et al.
- All claim forms must be filed before 02/01/2017
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
The Free Cruise Call Class Action lawsuit claims that Caribbean Cruise Line violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by making unwanted phone calls to customers without obtaining prior consent. The lawsuit also involves co-defendants,Vacation Ownership Marketing Tours Inc., the Berkley Group Inc. and Economic Strategy Group. Caribbean Cruise Line denie all actions of wrong doing but have agreed to settle in order to avoid a costly trail (the settlement pot will range between $56 million and $76 million according to those close to the case). The lead plaintiffs in the Free Cruise Call class action lawsuit are named Mr. Grant Birchmeir and Mr. Stephen Parkes.
Free Cruise Call Class Action Quick Notes
- The plaintiffs contend the offer of a “free” cruise package from CCL in exchange for taking a political survey was a “scam”
- Class members who file valid claims may receive up to $500 per call
- The deadline to object or exclude one self from the settlement is dated Jan. 23, 2020
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 2/23/2017
This is nice but exactly who is included in the Free Cruise lawsuit settlement?
“any person who received (1) one or more telephone calls made by, on behalf of, or for the benefit of the Defendants, (2) purportedly offering a free cruise in exchange for taking an automated public opinion and/or political survey, (3) which delivered a message using a prerecorded or artificial voice, (4) between April 2011 and April 2012, (5) and your (i) telephone number appears in Defendants’ records of those calls and/or the records of their third-party telephone carriers or the third-party telephone carriers of their call centers or (ii) your own records prove that you received the calls—such as your telephone records, bills, and/or recordings of the calls.” – FreeCruiseCallClassAction.net
Claim forms can be filed online or class members can request one by mail by calling 1-844-343-1477. Class members can mail claim forms to Caribbean Cruise Line Class Action c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants PO Box 43435 Providence, RI 02940-3435.