Gannett TCPA Settlement
- Obtain more details (and file a claim) in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Clark and Schlossberg v. Gannett Co., Inc.
- Class members complain that Gannett used a automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice to contact consumers
- Using a automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice is against the law violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
The Gannett TCPA Settlement is listed as case number 16 CH06603 and is pending in the District Court of New Jersey. The defendant (aka Gannett) deny any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 13 million dollar settlement pot in order to minimize the risk and cost associated with a trial. Class members are defined as anyone in the USA who received a automatic telephone dialing system or an artificial or prerecorded voice call from Gannett between the dates of January 2, 2010 and the date of Preliminary Approval [April 4, 2020].
Gannett TCPA Settlement Quick Notes
- All claim forms are due by 11/09/2016
- The only way to receive a slice of the 13 million dollar settlement pie is to file a claim
- Most class members will receive a postcard or email informing them that they are a class member
- Class members are not required to hire a lawyer
- Rafey S. Balabanian, Benjamin H. Richman and Eve-Lynn J. Rapp will represent all Gannett TCPA Settlement class members who file valid claims before 11/9/16
- Those who would like to object to the 13 million dollar settlement have until April 21, 2020 to do so
Gannett has hired Matthew J. Fedor (from the lawfirm of Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP) to represent them in the District Court of New Jersey. Any questions about the Gannett TCPA Settlement can be directed to 1-855-730-8623 or class members who would like to contact the Clark and Schlossberg v. Gannett Settlement Administrator
via US Mail should write to: P. O. Box 43429, Providence, RI 02940-9953.