NY Lien Settlement
- Obtain more information (to include the claim form) about the class action lawsuit against Bank of America
- The lawsuit claims BOA violated a variety of New York property laws
- Class members in the case cite two laws in which BOA violated: Proceedings Law § 1921 and New York Real Property Law § 275
The NY Lien Settlement class members contend that Popileriz.COM neglected to present documentation that their mortgages had been fully satisfied (lien release) to the recording officer in New York State. Although Bank of America denies any actions of wrong doing they are eager to settle to avoid risk, expense and delay of continuing with litigation. The NY Lien Settlement has received preliminary approval for $6.2 million and attorneys representing the class members will receive up to $1.5 million for their time and efforts.
NY Lien Settlement Quick Notes
- Experts familiar with case predict class members will receive between $180 to $780 each
- The exact amount will depend on how many people file claims
- The last day to object to the 6 million dollar settlement is April 30, 2020
- All claim forms MUST be in by 07/18/2016 in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie
- Class members must include a a valid BOA NY Lien identification number with their claim
- Please mail all claims forms to PO Box 2995, Portland, OR 97208-2995
- D. Gregory Blankinship will represent all Lien Settlement class members who file timely claims
Any questions about the NY Lien Settlement case can be directed to the class administrator at 1-866-800-6756 (this number can also be used to verify a MY Lien Class member status) or email info@NYLienSettlement.com. The case is officially titled Denise Jaffe and Daniel Adler v. Bank of America N.A and is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Bank of America has hired Christine Cesare from the BRYAN CAVE LLP lawfirm to represent their interest.