Paulsboro Water Settlement
- People who lived in Paulsboro, New Jersey from 2009 to 2014 may be eligible to receive free compensation thanks to a new class action lawsuit against Solvay Specialty Polymers USA
- The lawsuit against Solvay Specialty Polymers USA alleges that the company caused perfluorinated compounds to be in the local water supply
- Paulsboro residents will get $200 for every parcel of land they owned during the applicable time
To file an eligible claim in this class action suit, applicants must have been residents of the Borough of Paulsboro, Gloucester County, New Jersey for at least 12 months from April 19, 2009 through April 10, 2014. A total of $2,740,000 has been set aside in the settlement fund to be distributed among the lawyers and the settlement group. The cost of any bloodwork related to the Paulsboro class action lawsuit will not be taken out of this settlement fund, but will be paid by Solvay Specialty Polymers.
Paulsboro Water Settlement Quick Notes
- Solvay Specialty Polymers denies they did anything wrong, but they have agreed to settle this case out of court so they don’t have to deal with a lawsuit
- People who lived in Paulsboro during the time period but have now moved away are still eligible to take part in this class action lawsuit against Solvay Specialty Polymers, and residents do not need to actually show up at the trial regardless of where they live
- Questions about the case can be directed to: Paulsboro Water Settlement, c/o Dahl Administration, PO Box 3614 Minneapolis, MN 55403-0614 (this address can also be used to request a claim form via US Mail)
How much will each claimant get in the Paulsboro class action lawsuit against Solvay Specialty Polymers?
The total amount that eligible claims will receive depends on how many people file overall. But the amount is estimated to be about $200 per parcel of land in Paulsboro. Residents can receive more settlement funds if they agree to have a blood test done in their home from the time period of April 1 through April 30, 2020.