Sprint California ETF Settlement
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit against Sprint Spectrum LP (Sprint) vs a group of account holders
- The greedy account holders claim that Sprint’s $150 and $200 flat-rate early termination fees (ETFs) violated California law
- The lawsuit is entitled Ayyad v. Sprint Spectrum L.P., and is case number RG03-121510
The Sprint California ETF Settlement class action lawsuit is pending in the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda and class members MUST provide a phone number, address, and Sprint account number when filing a claim. Sprint not only denies any actions of wrong doing in the lawsuit but they also content they loss money ($73,775,975 ) and that therefore the Class should recover nothing. Sprint has hired a high price defense counsel of Joseph A. Boyle (from KELLEY DRYE & WARREN LLP) and A. Brooks Gresham (from MCGUIREWOODS LLP) to represent their interest. Class members in the Sprint California ETF Settlement do not have to hire lawyers as the courts have already appointed Alan R. Plutzik and Scott A. Bursor to represent all class members who file valid/timely claims in the case.
Sprint California ETF Settlement Quick Notes
- The deadline to file a claim in the case is cited as 4/25/17
- Class Members who were charged an ETF by Sprint but did not pay the ETF will not be entitled to receive any money under the settlement
- Each class member is thought to receive about $125 per claim
- Class members are defined as anyone living in the great state of California and were charged a flat fee early termination fee from April 23, 1999 to Mar. 18, 2007 or were charged (and/or paid) an ETF under a Nextel cellphone contract that was initiated on or after Aug. 12, 2005, and terminated on or before Mar. 18, 2007
Any questions in regards to the Sprint California ETF Settlement can be directed to 1-855-730-8651 or those who would like to email the settlement administrator should send it to: info@SprintCaliforniaETFSettlement.com. Class members filing claim forms by mail? Please send them to Sprint California ETF Settlement c/o KCC Class Action Services PO Box 30238 College Station, TX 77842-3238.